Rusty BMW E30 325i Brake Caliper Restoration



A Alguns minutos foi publicado pelo canal do youtube stevieabz o vídeo “Rusty BMW E30 325i Brake Caliper Restoration”.

Segundo o canal stevieabz: “Today I restore a BMW E30 325i Brake Caliper! Car brakes are always a fun projected to take on. Anyone can do it and it’s relatively cheap to do.

Please read the full description for any information about the video.

If you would like to send me something to restore, tools to use or anything to support Restore It, please send to:

Restore It Mail Box
PO Box 50
CHATTERIS
PE16 9AZ

Tools & equpitment used:
Quartz Lacquer – https://goo.gl/8PTVKM
Base Coat Paint – https://goo.gl/mWhufG
Rust Remover – https://goo.gl/13gopW
Moldex Full Face Mask – https://goo.gl/NNYGrv
FGL 5 Spray gun – https://goo.gl/Acg5rd
A.N.I. R150-T Mini Spray gun – https://goo.gl/cHTJS2
Colad Washable Overalls – https://goo.gl/3Css9E
Colad Mixing Cups – https://goo.gl/8DYmE8
Colad TurboMix Sticks – https://goo.gl/cYZfks
Colad Synthetic Paint Strainers – https://goo.gl/H79ZgL
Steel wire bits – http://geni.us/keyaD
Rotary Tool – http://geni.us/HGed
Concentrate Degreaser – http://geni.us/yUn9
Mannesmann Socket Set – http://geni.us/HCDZ

Just for the record, I personally wouldn’t have red calipers on my E30. The red just looked too good on camera not to go with it.

Firstly I inspected the caliper for ware and tare and decided to order a full caliper service kit. I then disassembled it and degreased the main pieces. Once they were dry I placed them in the blasting cabinet and removed 99% of the rust. I then had to go over with a steel wire wheel, on a rotary tool to remove the rest of the deep rust. It was then a matter of masking all of the threaded holes and piston cylinder.

The caliper then needed etching, priming, colour, and lacquer. Once dry I made sure the grooves in the cylinder were free from any rust or paint and began adding the new parts. I started by greasing the first gasket and pushed it in. The outer seal was then added. I then greased the piston and pushed that back in. The two guide pins and their rubbers were silicone greased and pushed in. The two pieces then came together with new bolts. The cleaned bleed nipple was then added, and the red cap to finish the restoration.

– Disclaimer: I am no professional. Especially when it comes to electrics. It is certainly an area I am looking to improve in. I am completely self-taught and would appreciate any feedback, advice or constructive criticism.

I don’t add music to these videos so that you can choose to listen to what you like if you would like to.

Become a patron to win the Items featured in these videos!
Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/RestoreIt

PayPal Donations – [email protected] – If you would like to help towards more tools and projects.

Follow me on Social media to keep up to date with videos and giveaways.

Twitter – https://twitter.com/Restore__It
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/RestoreItCha…
Instagram – @RestoreItChannel
Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/RestoreIt
Discord – I now also have a discord server if you want to chill with like-minded people and maybe learn something new. – https://discord.gg/vNmCBk9

Confira o vídeo logo abaixo:

Deixe uma resposta

O seu endereço de e-mail não será publicado. Campos obrigatórios são marcados com *